Basingstoke Conservative Club News
|Club Update June 7th 2021|
Just a quick update of where we are.
The club has been doing well since we opened particularly on Wednesday night Friday night and Sunday Lunchtime, although Saturday nights are still very slow.
On Saturday the 19th June Yannis Catering is doing a Steak Night which has already sold out.
There is a coach trip to the Royal Docks London on the 22nd July it includes a 2 course meal on a boat with an ABBA tribute band, tickets are £52.50 each, please contact our secretary Maureen.
Track and Trace
As part of this system, we are required to use our door swipe system to demonstrate who is in the building. Every Member must swipe their card individually. We are running a daily log of the door swipe and it has become apparent that some members are not swiping in. This Friday and Saturday quite a few members did not swipe in individually and their names have been identified.
I have to reiterate the Government COVID restrictions that apply to our club.
• Please sanitize your hands when entering the club.
• Every individual needs to swipe your club card on entry into the building, guests will need to complete the visitor book and pay the appropriate fee.
• Please use the one-way system when entering or leaving the club, please note that this has changed.( this is for everyone benefit)
• We will still need to use social distancing, so the tables are spaced appropriately, please do not move them unless the Club Manager agrees.
• You will still need to wear a face covering when entering and moving around the club.
• You may remove the face covering when seated.
• Some of the high-level windows will be open for ventilation, please do not shut them.
• It will still be table service only for both drink and food, so please wait at your table to be served.
• If you are dining, please book a table with Yannis Catering to be sure of a seat. Tables can only be booked if you are dining.
• No more than 6 persons at any one table inside (please try to sit at a table that suits the size of your party so we can accommodate everyone, or you may be requested to move)
• Once all tables are full (no standing) then no further entry will be permitted into the club, however you can use the garden.
• No singing or dancing at present.
We have resumed selling the chase the ace tickets and the meat raffle has started again on Friday nights and Sunday lunchtime.
If any member wishes to volunteer to organise & call the bingo on Saturday nights, please speak to the Club Manager or our Secretary Maureen then we can start this up if members wish to play.
We are expecting a busy summer ahead - it is clear that people are keen to be able to socialise safely again inside our club and gardens. We will also be holding the August Bank holiday charity event in the garden weather permitting, the new chosen charity will be the Air Ambulance. (Further information in due course)
In anticipation our entertainments team have started booking acts for some Saturday nights, these will be a mixture of ticketed tribute nights and other live acts fortnightly, once we have a full programme, we will keep you advised. (this cannot not start until the 21st of June at the earliest).
Please remember that the Saturday evening dress code changed back in November, in an attempt to include more members, details are on the board.
Once we are able, we will start to organise day trips out to events etc as I am sure members will want to take part.
I would just like to say a big thank you those that have supported the club in these difficult times and renewed your club annual subscription, our membership is currently almost 1000. Any members that did not renew have been removed from the bar and door systems.
Whilst we were in lockdown the brewery decided to increase the price of beer, however after reviewing the increase with our club manager and as we negotiated a good deal on our last contract, I can tell you the committee have agreed not to pass this increase onto the members in recognition of your support until the end of the year...
I will keep you posted if with any announced changes on the 14th June for the 21st June.
Many thanks Your Chairman