The Club is now open with the following conditions.
Just a quick update of where we are.
As you maybe aware the Prime Minister announced that on the 19th July the current restrictions have been lifted.
What does this mean for the club?
• Facemasks will not be mandatory; however, you may wear them if you wish to.
• There will be no more table service by the bar staff, you will be able to be served at the bar.
• All the screens and notices will be removed.
• The seating will be rearranged so the dance floor is available.
• You will be able to dance and sing.
• You will be able to order a meal from the servery.
• The snooker room will be back in full use.
• Any restrictions in the loos will be removed.
• However, we will still be providing hand sanitizer for the near future.
• The restriction of six persons at a table has been removed.
• It will no longer be a requirement to swipe your card at the door for COVID, however you still should be swiping in as per the club rules.
On Tuesday the 20th July Yannis Catering is doing a Steak Night, please book.
Our entertainments team have started booking acts for some Saturday nights, these will be a mixture of ticketed tribute nights and other live acts fortnightly, once we have a full programme, we will keep you advised. This starts on Saturday the 17th, Little Joe will be the free to members entertainment.
The AGM for last year 2020 has been posted on the notice board, whilst we are halfway through the next year, it is a requirement to present the accounts to the members. The date of the meeting is the 16th August, we will be open from 1900 hrs, members will be expected to produce their membership cards at the door, entry will be closed at 1950 hrs , the meeting start at 2000 hrs. Any questions that wish to be raised need to be sent into the secretary at least 10 days before the meeting.
If any member wishes to volunteer to organise & call the bingo on Saturday nights, please speak to the Club Manager or our Secretary Maureen then we can start this up if members wish to play.
We are expecting a busy summer ahead - it is clear that people are keen to be able to socialise safely again inside our club and gardens. We will also be holding the August Bank holiday charity event in the garden weather permitting, the new chosen charity will be the Air Ambulance. (Further information in due course)
Please remember that the Saturday evening dress code changed back in November, in an attempt to include more members, details are on the board.
Once we are able, we will start to organise day trips out to events etc as I am sure members will want to take part.
Again I would just like to say a big thank you those that have supported the club in these difficult times and renewed your club annual subscription, our membership is currently almost 1000. Any members that did not renew have been removed from the bar and door systems.
Whilst we were in lockdown the brewery decided to increase the price of beer, however after reviewing the increase with our club manager and as we negotiated a good deal on our last contract, I can tell you the committee have agreed not to pass this increase onto the members in recognition of your support until the end of the year. However, we need your support more than ever by attending the club and spending money across the bar. As Government support has been withdrawn , we have had no income for many months from any sales and the last couple of months have had to pay for additional staff for waiter/ waitress service.
If you know anyone who wishes to join, we are open for new members and will be having a local recruitment drive.
Many thanks Your Chairman